Have you ever found yourself asking, “Why managed services?” It’s definitely a valid question if you operate a business in the digital age. More specifically, you’re probably wondering if working with a managed services provider is worth the investment. That means your real question is probably, “What will I get with managed services that I couldn’t get with a break-fix solution?”
Well, we’ve got the answer.
Information technology (IT) systems are expected to meet high standards of operation while offering 24/7 availability, security, and performance. In today’s fast-paced world, you have to keep up with constant advancements, not to mention increasing demands on performance and an ever-growing pressure to deliver competitive IT functionality. To meet these challenges, many organizations consider outsourcing their IT activities an attractive option.
What Is a Managed Services Provider?
Managed services providers (MSPs) let you delegate specific IT operations to them.
The MSP is then responsible for monitoring, managing, and/or problem-solving for your IT systems and functions, as well as for automating the more mundane tasks that users can and should do but often overlook. This includes virus updates, software patches, backups, monitoring, and inventory auditing and control.
Basic services often start with a monitoring service that notifies you of problems that you must then resolve on your own. More intensive services cover everything from alerts to problem resolution.
Put another way, if you’re wondering why you need managed IT services, the simplest answer is to optimize your operations so you can focus on what you do best.
Outsourcing IT is not like outsourcing other services. You maintain control.
You decide what you want your provider to take care of and what you want to handle yourself. In addition, the MSP subscription model gives you more budget predictability.
If you’re still asking, “Why use a managed service provider?” and you’re looking for more specific reasons, here are a few of the most compelling:
- Focus on Core Competencies: By teaming up with an MSP, you free up valuable internal resources. This enables your team to concentrate on what truly matters – innovating, creating, and driving your core business objectives. Leave the intricacies of IT management and maintenance to the experts, allowing your team to flourish where they excel.
- Access to Cutting-Edge Expertise: Staying up-to-date with the ever-evolving tech landscape can be daunting. MSPs are armed with specialized knowledge and a finger on the pulse of industry trends. They bring fresh perspectives and innovative solutions, ensuring your business leverages the latest technologies for enhanced efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Cost Efficiency Redefined: Building an in-house IT department involves substantial costs, from hiring employees to setting up the infrastructure. Opting for an MSP shifts these expenses to a predictable subscription model. This not only optimizes your budget but also helps you avoid the unexpected costs that can arise from system failures or security breaches.
- Proactive Problem Solving: Preventing IT hiccups is as crucial as resolving them promptly. MSPs employ proactive monitoring and maintenance to identify and mitigate minor issues before they snowball into major disruptions. This approach ensures uninterrupted operations and reduces downtime, translating to higher productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Fortified Cybersecurity: The digital landscape is rife with cyber threats, making robust security measures non-negotiable. MSPs specialize in cybersecurity, implementing multi-layered defenses to safeguard your sensitive data and critical systems. From regular updates to real-time threat detection, they provide a shield against the evolving threat landscape.
Why Use a Managed Service Provider? Now That You Know, Turn to PEI
MSPs have become an attractive option for many organizations and should be an integral part of your overall business strategy, involving senior executives and key IT staff. Now that you know why you need managed IT services, you’re probably wondering how to find a reliable MSP. Look no further than award-winning IT company, tech consultant, and Microsoft Gold Partner PEI.
If you’re ready to explore how you can benefit strategically, financially, and technologically by working with an MSP, please call 303-786-7474 or email email@example.com. You can also complete our Contact Form.