Ten Reasons why VMWARE’s ZIMBRA is Something to Think About
- Self-Proclaimed (by VMWARE) as the next-generation of email and collaboration; it combines email, calendars, contacts, file sharing, documents, social media, and tasks.
- It’s Multi-Platform! This product is not just for Windows, so Linux and Mac users won’t feel left out.
- My new favorite word: ZIMLETS! You can pull an address from an email in to Google maps just by hovering, cross-reference contacts with Salesforce.com, and manage social networks. (For more detail and all available features, see: www.zimbra.com/products/zimlets.html)
- Zimbra works well with many smartphones and mobile devices, including the iPhone and Blackberry.
- Zimbra has the ability to work offline.
- You get to decide if you want to host Zimbra or let someone else host it and worry about all that behind the scenes “stuff.”
- Zimbra is also a good sport by playing alongside the competition, Microsoft Exchange. One example: the Calendar Wizard in Zimbra can work together with Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010 in order to find the perfect meeting time for your next conference call or “work-related” lunch.
- The Migration Wizards will magically migrate you from Microsoft Exchange and Domino environments over to Zimbra.
- For those of you already running a vSPHERE environment, Zimbra can take advantage of its high availability, disaster recovery, backup and life cycle management.
- Finally, Zimbra will clean your house, watch your kids, and cook you a nice chicken dinner. Or not. But it WILL allow you to self-restore previously deleted email messages from the trash using Zimbra Web Client (and with your admin’s permission.)
Now, these are just a few handpicked reasons why Zimbra is a product to think about. For more information on the product, including data-sheets and FAQ’s, please see the VMWARE website at: www.vmware.com/products/zimbra/overview.html
-Erika Larson, PEI