PEI Achieves VMware’s Rigorous new Competency: Virtualization of Business Critical Applications (VBCA)
PEI, an IT consulting company out of Boulder, Colorado was recently awarded VMware’s new Virtualizing of Business Critical Applications (VBCA) Competency. This particular competency is only awarded to partners that demonstrate the highest level of expertise around virtualizing business critical applications including SQL, SAP, Oracle and Exchange.
PEI is equipped with the skills and knowledge to take customers further down the path of virtualization and enable them with higher performance and improved quality of service delivery. Qualifying for this particular competency was no easy feat. Before PEI could earn the VBCA competency, PEI had to earn an Infrastructure Virtualization Competency as well as staff an engineer that has passed the VMware Certified Advanced Profession- Data Center Design (VCAP-DCD) test.
The Infrastructure Virtualization Competency recognizes partners for their demonstrated ability to virtualize and consolidate server environments using a VMware virtualization solution. The required elements of this competency include:
- Staffing a;
- VMware Sales Professional (VSP)
- VMware Technical Sales Profession (VTSP)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Infrastructure Virtualization (IV) Sales Accreditation 5
- IV Technical Sales Accreditation 5
- IV Technical Post-Sales Accreditations
- vSphere 5 Upgrade
- Assessment Fundamentals 5
- Capacity Planner Fundamentals 5
- vSphere 5 Design
Obtaining the Infrastructure Virtualization Competency was a great accomplishment on its own, but PEI was not about to stop there. There are close to 100 VMware partners in the United States with the Infrastructure Virtualization competency, but only a handful of partners have risen to the occasion to tackle the daunting VBCA Competency.
Additional requirements for the VBCA competency include:
- Virtualization of Business Critical Applications (VBCA) Sales Accreditation
- VBCA Technical Sales Accreditation
- VBCA Technical Post-Sales Accreditation
- Virtualization Microsoft SQL Server with VMware
- Virtualizing Microsoft Exchange with VMware
PEI aspires to provide superior service to clients. By obtaining competencies like the VBCA ensures that PEI is capable and will deliver only the highest level of service.