First, lets me give you a brief overview of what Intune really is. Microsoft Intune helps companies provide their personnel with access to corporate applications, statistics, and resources from almost anywhere on nearly any device, while helping to keep corporate information protected.
With Intune, companies can maximize productivity with Intune-managed Office mobile apps and provide access to corporate resources on devices based upon enrollment and compliance policies. Furthermore, management is able to simplify administration via a single management console in the cloud with Intune or on-premises through integration with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
As for the new services offered with Intune, there is a new mobile application management (MAM) capabilities
Some of the new features that will be released to Intune Standalone (cloud only) as part of this service update include:
- Ability to restrict access to Exchange Online email based upon device enrollment and compliance policies
- Management of Office mobile apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for iOS devices, including ability to restrict actions such as copy, cut, and paste outside of the managed app ecosystem
- Ability to extend application protection to existing line-of-business apps using the Intune App Wrapping Tool for iOS
- Managed Browser app for Android devices that controls actions that users can perform, including allow/deny access to specific websites. Managed Browser app for iOS devices currently pending store approval
- PDF Viewer, AV Player, and Image Viewer apps for Android devices that help users securely view corporate content
- Bulk enrollment of iOS devices using Apple Configurator
- Ability to create configuration files using Apple Configurator and import these files into Intune to set custom iOS policies
- Lockdown of Windows Phone 8.1 devices with Assigned Access mode using OMA-URI settings
- Ability to set additional policies on Windows Phone 8.1 devices using OMA-URI settings
For more information, be sure to check out the Microsoft Intune website at by clicking here.
Alisha Khan, PEI