Job Title: Mid-Level Networking Engineer/ Consultant
Revised Date: March 14, 2012
Start Date: Immediate
Job Description: PEI is a Cisco Premier Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, and VMware Enterprise Partner who is recognized as a leader in delivering advanced networking, unified communication, and virtualization solutions. We have built our business and reputation on the quality and value of the services we provide to our customers. As an engineering-oriented company, we take great pride in the depth of our accountability to our client base as well as the technical knowledge maintained by our engineers.
We are currently seeking individuals who have in-depth experience implementing and troubleshooting IT solutions based on advanced networking, unified communications, and virtualization services as well as with supporting 3rd party hardware and software. As consultants, we are looking for an experienced individual with both business and technical consulting skills. Candidates for this position need to have previous consulting experience and should understand the pace and demands associated with IT consulting. Primary responsibilities include implementing, maintaining and supporting solutions in our customers’ environments. This person should be self-motivated and have strong customer service, communication, presentation, and time management skills.
• Engage with customers 50-60% of the time on billable projects with the remainder of the time focused on support, training, knowledge improvement/upkeep.
• Actively participate in the planning, implementation, and documentation of advanced networking, unified communications, and virtualization solutions.
• Clearly communicate problem/resolution process to customers or management. Serve as liaison to vendors (e.g. Cisco, VMware, Microsoft) to facilitate problem resolution. Provide troubleshooting for advanced networking, unified communications, and virtualization issues.
• Subject matter expert for specific solutions within the Networking, unified communications, and security practices. Collaborate with technical staff, including project managers. Mentor and cross-train staff.
• Work with team to ensure available capacity before implementing services
• Comprehensive experience in configuring routers, switches, firewalls, voice gateways, IPSEC/SSL VPN and associated reporting functionality
• Extensive experience with TCP/IP (IPv4 required and IPv6 preferred), L2/L3 switching, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP and other routing protocols
• Experience with implementing firewall technology (L2/L3 VPN, firewall rules/policies)
• Security implementation experience (RADIUS, TACACS+, etc)
• Knowledge of advanced networking design, architecture and troubleshooting
• Wireless experience preferred (802.11a/b/g/n and wireless access controllers)
• Voice experience preferred (Cisco and Microsoft UC)
• Experience with Microsoft-based infrastructures and VMware-based virtualization solutions preferred
• Minimum of 1 years consulting experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in related IT field
• Cisco certification preferred, other certifications considered.
o The following certifications are desired: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP
• University Degree preferred
• Local Travel (Colorado Front Range) 50%, Out of state travel 5%
• Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required
• Solid work ethic and a desire to be challenged on a daily basis
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment.
• Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
• Creative person who is willing to take initiative and share alternative solutions with peers and management.
• Analytical thinker willing to “think outside the box” to resolve customer issues
• Curiosity to learn, implement, and support new and diverse technologies outside own area of expertise
• Strong self-confidence balanced by a healthy amount of humbleness
Compensation and Benefits:
• Highly competitive compensation including commissions
• Family Health Insurance
• Family Dental Insurance
• Paid Training and Certification Testing
• Paid Vacation
• Flex Time scheduling
• Profit Sharing
• Retirement with corporate matching contributions
• Employee technology purchase plan
• NOTE: No relocation funds will be provided
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director of Engineering
If you’re looking for a challenge and an organization that rewards you for your commitment and hard work, we’d love to talk with you! Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com