Internet Explorer 9 Public Beta
It’s been quite a while since there’s been much to talk about when it comes to Microsoft and browsers, but IE9 has made quite an entrance. With its new streamlined interface and drastically enhanced speed Microsoft finally has a real contender in the corporate browser wars. IE9 brings a whole slew of new technologies and features which essentially level the playing field with other popular browsers, but retains the tight integration with Windows and AD with over 1500 GPOs available to system administrators. After years of having to defend the use of IE because of internal system requirements, system administrators can now run IE9 with no excuses.
Here’s a wrap up of some of the more interesting changes in IE9:
- Hardware acceleration and offloading to multiple processing cores
- Support for modern web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Tab isolation and hang recovery so that only the affected tab fails
- New Download Manager
- Jumplists and Pinned Sites
- Updated Add-on Performance Advisor to keep things running smoothly.
Check out the public beta here: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/home?os=win7&arch=b&browser=ie9
-Jared Tribelhorn, PEI