I often catch myself sending an email to the same set of individuals to make sure they are all aware of an upcoming event or provide them with a status update on a project or meeting. This can be especially cumbersome, and dangerous, if trying to enter each name individually while driving! To increase efficiency, and keep the roads safe for everyone, creating a distribution list is much more effective. Here is how you do it:
- Select File | New | Distribution List from the menu.
- Alternatively, hit Ctrl-Shift-L (think list).
- Type the desired name under Name:.
- The list name is what you will use to address messages to the list.
- Now, you can add new members immediately using the Add New… and Select Members… buttons.
- Click Save and Close.