Job Title: Help Desk Engineer / Systems Administrator
Job Description: PEI is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Cisco Premier Partner, and VMware Enterprise Partner who is recognized as a leader in delivering infrastructure, unified communications, networking solutions, and managed services. We have built the business and our reputation on the quality and value of the services we provide to our customers. As an engineering-oriented company, we take great pride in the depth of technical knowledge maintained by our engineers.
We are currently seeking an individual to provide frontline support to customers and internal users, and to help support our Managed Services practice. Candidate will also perform network administration duties for our internal networks, as well as provide assistance to project engineers with ongoing client projects. This person should be self-motivated and have strong communication, presentation, time management skills. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally talented in customer service and customer satisfaction.
• Will be engaged 20-30% of time acting as Network Administrator and 70-80% of the time acting in a managed service/help desk support capacity.
• Provide frontline help desk support for telephone, email, and web requests. Capable of assessing problems and prioritizing response. Familiarity with industry standard troubleshooting practices required. Must be able to properly identify problems, research solutions, and resolve the issues, or escalate to other technical staff. Correctly document and maintain all requests for service to ensure a timely and acceptable resolution.
• Provide day-to-day operational support for our Managed Services solutions. Tasks include customer services, reporting, execution of scheduled system and device management, and deployment of our managed services tools to new customers.
• Administration of internal IT environment including monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting all networking and infrastructure components. Maintain internal network documentation. Perform day-to-day network administration functions such as account creation, password changes, etc. Assume ultimate maintenance and support responsibilities for internal computers, phones, and business critical systems.
• General knowledge of Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 including Active Directory.
• Messaging and collaboration experience utilizing Exchange (2003, 2007, and 2010).
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop platforms (Windows 7, Vista, XP) and Microsoft Office
• An understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure including TCP/IP.
• Security experience including antivirus, spyware.
• Hardware experience utilizing Hewlett Packard/Dell servers and various SAN platforms
• Citrix/Terminal services experience a plus
• Experience with Cisco router/switches a plus
• Working knowledge of VMware, ESXi 4.1 and VSphere Client a plus
• 1-2 years related experience in IT and working in a customer service role
• Outstanding customer service attitude
• One or more Microsoft or other technical certifications preferred
• Ability to travel locally 25%
• Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills, with the ability to explain technical terms to end users
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with stressful situations
• Ability to work in a team environment and share information with team members
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
• Outstanding troubleshooting abilities a must
• Able to use online resources (Google, TechNet, etc.) to complete troubleshooting process
• Ability to set priorities and organize workflow
• Must be naturally curious and have a desire to learn
Reports to the IT Operations Manager.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our compensation plan can include the following.
• Competitive Wages
• Management Objective incentives
• Company sponsored professional development and training
• Health and Dental insurance
• Employer contributed retirement plan
• Paid Vacation
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and brief compensation history to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.