The move request statistics can be viewed by running the below command:
Get-MoveRequestStatistics | Select DisplayName,StatusDetail,PercentComplete
This might happen if there are any issues in the disk performance causing disk latency; the response time from the source is getting high and the migration batches are getting timed out. This delays the movement of the mailboxes.
Start checking the target Exchange 2016 disk performance IOPS etc. If we get this, then there are some serious problems in the Exchange 2016 performance. And this depends on the designed storage architecture, how the database copies are distributed with how many mailboxes in each copy.
If this is a migration to Exchange Online, this will require a ticket to Microsoft. They will work the restrictions and throttling on their side; once we mention “Stalledtotarget_disklatency” they typically address the issue very quickly.
One suggestion we did get from a Microsoft was to remove the move request the create a new one with highest priority.
Remove-MoveRequest -Identity “firstname.lastname@example.org”
New-MoveRequest -Identity “” -TargetDatabase “” -BatchName “” -Priority Highest
Brandon Stuart, PEI
This post is part of a series on Exchange Migration Status Messages. If you’re interested in learning more technical tips like this one, subscribe to our blog below!
Spent few hours trouble-shooting myself, read numerous MS articles no help. This one was perfect! add the “-Priority Highest” was the answer.
NOTE: I did have the restart the Replication service a few times throughout but other than that golden! I now have a disk performance issues to resolve but I can get my project completed this weekend.
Thanks for reading and for the tips Nigel!