Have you ever seen the info box at the end of your Azure Active Directory Connect configuration wizard and wondered what it does or how to complete those steps? (See image above). Let’s walk through those steps and I’ll show you the end result.
NOTE: Ensure your Active Directory module for Windows PowerShell and the AD DS Snap-Ins and Command-Line Tools are installed.
- Open Administrative PowerShell and set your execution policy. Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass
- Change directory
CD C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect\AdPrep
- Import Module ipmo .\AdSyncPrep.psm1
- Run Initialize-ADSyncDomainJoinedComputerSync
- If successful you should see
“Initializing your Active Directory forest to sync Windows 10 domain joined computers to Azure AD.Configuration Complete”
- Screen shot of PCs being Hybrid Azure AD Joined. I’d also highly recommend looking into auto-enrollment.UPDATE: Newer versions of Azure AD Connect have an option to simply the process. Few screen shots below showing our new options.
Brandon Stuart, PEI